One of the first downloads I made was of the FREE Golfpad App for Android. Many of my friends on the Central Florida Golf Club had mentioned they used golf apps to track their score, figure their handicap, and get the distance to the flag.
Before I downloaded the FREE Golfpad App for Android onto my phone, I read through all the descriptions of all the apps. I liked this one best since it seemed to be really free i.e. no additional download costs to load the layout of golf courses.
So what do you get with your Free Golfpad App for Android:
This is the good list:
- you can add four people to a foursome and track their score, hole by hole adding in strokes, putts and penalties
- you can find the distance to the green from any location on any golf course using GPS
- you can enter the email addresses of any player and send them a summary of the play on the golf course
- you can find many of the local golf courses (using your current location) and use them when you play (as far as I know this gains you nothing but hole yardage and course yardage and which holes are par 5, 4 and 3.
- you can track the distance of each of your shots, and assign the club you used for the shot
- get a report with a summary of pars, bogeys, double and more, along with the average number of putts and other helpful statistics
This is the bad list:
- the first person you add, is the only person who can track their hits, shot by shot. In my case, I added my husband's first so he get's his tracked and I don't
- you get a few ads flashing at the bottom of your screen
- bumping on the cart path can give you false added strokes or penalties
Some other major points that I like:
- There is an easy add strokes, putts and penalties screen. Mistakes come off with an undo with ease
- The accuracy of the GPS was very close to my husband's golf range finder
- When I was done using it, taking pictures along the course and doing a few other computing tasks I still had adequate battery
- The download was quick and easy to install
Statistics fanatics can upgrade for a small cost to get more features and reports.