- the green is large
- the green has multiple slopes
- the flag is placed on an angle
So how do you handle putting on such surfaces:
- practice putting uphill, downhill long distances before you go out to get a feel for how hard you should putt
- when you near the flag, don't try to tap it in--you'll miss
- slow down, imagine a line from the hole through your ball, then follow it on your putt
- make sure you keep your head down until the ball stops
- follow through to the hole, don't stop after tapping it
When our group started paying close attention to our putting, our putt count went down.
One reason that my husband and I report our scores as the number of strokes / the number of putts is to remind ourselves how much our score would go down if we dropped out putt count for the eighteen holes to below 36.
Overall, Lake Forest Golf Club is sure to test your skills as a golfer.